French toast makes a perfect treat for a Mother’s Day Breakfast in bed. With the help of an adult, this is an easy recipe for kids to get involved in. Recipe by Jan Bittner.
- 6 Thick Slices Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan on the hob.
- Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture, soak both sides.
- Place each slice in the pan and cook until both sides are golden.
Serve hot with butter or maple syrup and some fresh seasonal berries.