We worked with Hannah Cook who wanted to create a small Victoria Sandwich Cake – so we christened it a Mini Vicki. Hannah helped with writing this recipe so we hope you like it.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g butter
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and smooth
- Gradually fold in a little of the beaten egg and sifted flour
- Grease the 10cm diameter cake tin
- Pour in the mixture and make sure it is level
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes in a 180-degree oven
- Do keep an eye on it as ovens vary.
- You know it is ready when you pop a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.
For decoration, sprinkle with icing sugar, or split open and spread with your favourite jam. Serve with cream and seasonal fruit.