A perfect treat during this gloomy beginning into Spring. Simple to make yet tastes delicious! Recipe via The View from Great Island
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 8 minutes
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- the seeds from 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup marmalade
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- milk or cream to thin
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, and the vanilla beans seeds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to get everything well incorporated.
- Blend in the flour, slowly, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Use a small scoop to portion out tablespoon sized balls of dough and roll into balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Press an indent in the center of each ball of dough with the back of a 1/4 inch teaspoon. Fill the indents with 1/2 tsp of marmalade. It’s ok to mound the marmalade a bit.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until the cookies are set, but not browned.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the sugar with enough milk or cream to make a glaze and drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- If your cookies flatten too much, make sure the dough is chilled before baking
- If you’d like a little hint of crunch in your cookies, roll the balls of dough in granulated sugar before making the indent.