A perfect recipe for Sunday brunch, special occasions or even just a lazy morning. A classic took on by the great chef Gordon Ramsay via GoodFood.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 4 halves
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 toasting muffins
- 1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham (or Serrano or Bayonne)
- Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
- Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.