The perfect little starter or breakfast dish. This recipe is part of the BEIC #eggcentric campaign The ‘Lakes’ contribution to a cookery book raising money for floods ‘Up to our necks’.
Serves 4 (as a starter) or 2 (as a breakfast)
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- A little oil
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- A little lemon juice
- To serve – salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas Mark 4. Grease four ramekins with a little oil then use the smoked salmon to line the inside of each ramekin leaving no gaps and leaving enough hanging over the edges to cover the tops later.
- Once lined, cut any remaining salmon into small pieces and add to the beaten eggs, along with the chives. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the lined ramekins, then gently fold over the salmon.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray, pour water in the tray to around 5cm depth, then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until set and firm to the touch.
Per portion (4): Energy (kcals) 285 / Protein 27.8g / Total fat 18.9g / Sat fat 7.9g / Carbs 1.4g / Salt 1.1g