Thanks to Hunter Hall School Cookery Club for creating this recipe for us
The primary School Pupils made the Mini Muffins for the Marmalade Festival – attended by the great bear himself (Paddington)
Ingredients (Makes 24 Mini Muffins)
½ cup natural yogurt
½ level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup caster sugar
1 medium egg
Rind of 1 medium orange
2 dessertspoons of marmalade
1 cup plain flour
Juice of 1 orange
1 CUP = 8 FLUID OUNCES
- Pre heat the oven 180’C/Gas No 4.
- Place 24 mini muffin cases in a mini muffin tin.
- Place the yogurt and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl and leave to bubble.
- Meanwhile whisk the oil and sugar together, then add the egg and continue to beat well.
- Mix in the orange rind and marmalade.
- Mix in the yogurt.
- Finally fold in the flour.
- Spoon into the paper cases, filling to the top.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with the freshly squeezed orange juice and serve warm- they make a great breakfast treat.
THERE ARE LOTS OF POSSIBLE VARIATIONS TO THE RECIPE:
Why not add 50-100g of dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, hazelnuts or a mixture of these at stage 5 on the method.